All women dream to look perfect under any circumstances. In masking our shortcomings and emphasizing our advantages, cosmetics helps us the most. But in the heat, the skin begins to sweat actively, which leads to smudges, stains and other “joys” of summer makeup. As a result, skin irritation and peeling, clogged pores, inflammatory processes, etc. To avoid such consequences, the rules of makeup in hot weather should be observed.
The content of the article:
Features of makeup for the summer
Summer is a time of freedom and naturalness. Makeup is aimed at creating an image of lightness and simplicity. It is characterized by a warm and delicate range of matte shades, minimal use of decorative products. Since in the heat the skin suffers from overdrying and ultraviolet radiation, additional makeup functions are moisturizing and protection from the sun.
Summer is associated with relaxation and freedom, but it also brings with it unpleasant moments that affect the general condition of the skin. At this time of the year, allergic reactions often occur, forcing either to completely abandon the usual makeup, or to limit yourself to the minimum necessary funds. The skin releases sweat more actively, it becomes greasy faster, and makeup should be applied taking into account its regular updating or adjustment. From the heat, the skin dries out and peels off if the pores are clogged, and inflammation occurs in this place. To prevent these troubles, make-up for the summer should be well thought out.
First you need to prepare the skin: use cleansing masks with anti-inflammatory effect, decoctions of herbs (calendula, chamomile, string), apply a scrub 1-2 times a week. In the morning and evening, apply a moisturizer. Cosmetics used during the day should be selected with a high SPF factor.
If the skin of the lips dries and crack, make masks for them. At home, butter helps, as well as honey, aloe. Make it a rule to use matting napkins during a hot day. They will eliminate the oily sheen, remove the salts that are released together with sweat, will allow you to use powder less often.
The aesthetics of summer makeup is based on the following principles:
- matte smooth skin, without burdening with layers of foundation and powder,
- warm pastel gamma the prevalence of natural shades associated with summer: golden, bluish, peach, caramel,
- using protective and moisturizing agents.
Cosmetics for the summer should be chosen, focusing on these features. It is advisable to abandon the foundation if the skin condition allows it. It is better to use matting powder with absorbents that eliminate oily sheen and stay on the skin for several hours.
Fashionable spring-summer makeup while maintaining the classic principles is distinguished by some bold decisions:
- arrows on centuries of traditional (black, brown) and other tones, highlighting eyeliner of the lower eyelid,
- coral, plum, bronze, peach, cream and chocolate eyeshadows,
- as much as possible light and natural makeup in nude style,
- cheeky makeup metallic style (using shiny eyeshadow and lipstick shades of precious metals),
- screaming red lips with a minimum amount of shadows and mascara in front of the eyes,
- flashing outstanding parts of the face with shimmers and highlighters (strobe technique),
- using shades of one tone with blush
- using rhinestone
- makeup smoky eyes
- laying eyebrow hairs up.
Summer is a great time to look for a new look, so choose something that accentuates your personality and don't be afraid to experiment.
Funds that you can use in the summer must meet the following criteria:
- water resistance,
- ability to moisturize and protect against ultraviolet radiation.
Since the pencil holds better than the shadows, it can be used for soft makeup of the eyelids, well blending the strokes. If it contains nylon, then this is for the better: such a composition is more elastic, less rolls.
Matte shadows are more persistent than shiny. If you don’t have enough shine, choose water-based shadows that can last for several hours.
Mascara should be waterproof, and it is better to choose blue or brown shades. It is advisable to refuse the liner completely: it spreads faster and gives the impression of sloppiness.
In the evening, lipstick should be replaced with gloss, and for daytime makeup, you can use beeswax products. If you prefer lipstick, then choose one that provides a persistent satin finish in a natural shade. If you hold the lipstick a little in the refrigerator, its durability increases.
Proper makeup is one that gives the impression of health and radiance. Foundation, if you can not do without it, should have a light and airy texture. Modern trends welcome “2 in 1” products - a combination of moisturizing and tinting products.
Given that in the summer, fashionistas are more likely to experiment, well-known brands have prepared a collection of products designed specifically for the desire to try the unknown.
- You should pay attention to colorful eyeliners "Grandiose Liner" manufactured by Lancome, which will allow you to draw arrows of the colors relevant for this season - for example, fuchsias (shade "04 Fuschia Matt").
- Do not miss the limited edition mini collection "Mademoiselle Dreams" by Chanel, including 2 varieties of lipstick. They are supplemented with varnishes of the corresponding shades.
- Chanel also released a new collection of 24 lip glosses with non-stick texture, smoothing effect. They visually enlarge the lips. These products have a nourishing and moisturizing composition and perfectly care for your lips in the hot season.
Dior launches a new line of cosmetics "Care & Dare". The Dior collection consists of:
- bronze powder 2 shades,
- 2 updated palettes of shadows,
- 3 eye sticks
- lipstick set "Addict Gel Lacquer Stick » 20 topical shades that will help put the last varnish finish on the lips.
- New matte lipstick from MAC from the collection “Color Rocker Lipstick Collection Spring”. These are 28 various colors (including blue, gray and even black).
- A new line of makeup products "Terracotta" by Guerlain Helps give your face a healthy, tanned appearance. The collection includes shining and matte bronzers Terracotta Powder Collector, contours, bronzers and highlighters for face Terracotta Powder Sun Triospray tanning spray Terracotta Sunless Body Selftan, foot lotion with tinting effect "Terracotta Jolies Jambes Flawless Legs Lotion" 2 shades.
The manufacturer also presented its collection of cosmetics Tom FordThe series is called "Soleil Makeup Collection Summer" and consists of:
- bronzers of 3 varieties,
- tanning gel,
- stick bronzer with a brush,
- double shadows
- tint lip balm,
- palettes for eyes and cheeks,
Given the trends of the current season, the German brand Babor released a series of summer masks and peels with an exotic aroma and based on monoi essential oils that increase skin elasticity.
How to choose cosmetics?
When choosing cosmetics, the basic rules are the same for any season:
- match your skin type.
Cosmetics for the summer have a number of requirements, namely:
- high enough SPF factor
- moisturizing and softening,
- water resistance.
All reputable brands meet these requirements. Your task is to choose the most suitable product. If you want to look tanned, but are afraid of a long stay in the sun, bronzers will come to your aid. If you prefer to maintain the radiance of fair skin even in the midst of heat, your makeup should be distinguished by light pearlescent shades. To achieve this effect, use highlighters, concealers, light matting powder.
Even mild summers can be a test for delicate skin. Take a thermal water and matting wipes for a walk, which will allow the makeup to stay fresh, and the skin - not to dry out.
How to apply?
To understand how to properly do makeup in the heat, you need to know what problems you will encounter. You should understand how they can be avoided.
- Problem number 1 - makeup spreading from the heat. Indeed, the question often arises of how to put on makeup correctly if the eyeliner spreads out, the shadows crumble or roll, and the skin under the makeup layer itches. The primer, which is applied to the face first after you have cleaned and moisturized the skin, will help to maintain the quality of makeup.
- Problem number 2 - skin that quickly begins to shine in the heat. At high temperatures, the sebaceous glands work more intensively, an unnecessary oily sheen appears on the skin. To apply a foundation cream layer by layer is not a way out of the situation. The third layer slides mercilessly, the skin under such a cover breathes worse. The way out is to use water-based products, which does not prevent the skin from breathing, or use “anti-shine” powder and matting wipes. This will help to feel more comfortable and will not violate the beauty of makeup.
The trends of modern makeup are such that priority is given to delicate matte shades. This applies to both shadows and lipstick, to blush. The actual image is a natural and healthy look, soft and calm range of shades, purity and even skin tone. This summer is bright in fashion, so you should not get carried away with acid tones of clothes or screaming make-up. One thing should be bright on the face - either lips or eyes.
If we are talking about evening makeup, then its contrasting solution can be justified. Made by an experienced hand, such a make-up enlivens the even pale radiance of the face. In this regard, colored arrows look very impressive, allowing you to emphasize the beauty of the eyes, "open" the look. It is better to apply them not with mascara, but with a soft eyeliner, blending or leaving the line clear. For brunettes, the makeup solution in purple is suitable, for blondes - in blue-gray or silver, and the warm color scheme emphasizes the advantages of the brown-haired woman.
Eye color dictates the saturation of the shade of the shadows: the lighter the iris, the easier and more transparent the shadows should be.
- Professionals advise in summer, use natural light shades in makeup. Shades with a creamy texture are preferred, and it is better to use mascara not black, but brown (or even purple).
- This summer's fashion is paradoxical. Perhaps the absence of sunny days and the cold start of the summer season affected, but the golden shadows and glitters are back in fashion. They should be combined with light transparent tonal products and natural lipstick.
- Quite controversial trend of the current season - Highlight eyeliner. Turquoise, silver, greenish arrows drawn along the line of eyelash growth are very fashionable, but they must be combined with delicate shades of shadows, tones and lipsticks.
- To create a memorable evening make-up makeup artists recommend using tones from bluish-plum to pink-purple - of course, given the color of the eyes and combining bright shades with a soft shade of lipstick.
- Hot time for oily skin is a real test. Therefore, with the onset of dry, hot weather, thoroughly clean the pores, make drying and anti-inflammatory masks. It is very necessary to choose a foundation, it should not clog pores. Use a primer, a water-based foundation, mask redness with a greenish corrector. On hot days, the magic wand will turn out to be a colorless anti-shine powder that does not require multi-layer application during the day.
- Homemade skin matting products are available to anyone., so do not neglect herbal infusions (sage, chamomile, calendula, St. John's wort), make cucumber masks, as well as masks with beaten egg white.
- The novelties of the summer season suggest that a natural tan is wonderful. If you protect your skin from the scorching sun, but want to be in trend - use bronzers that not only give your skin a healthy tan, but also moisturize and protect it from ultraviolet radiation.
- If you manage to tan naturally, use a moisturizer, discard the powder, withstand makeup in light golden tones, shading the radiance of tanned skin.
The choice of cosmetics (including summer) is a delicate matter. A proven tool suits one and does not suit others at all. High-quality makeup products are quite expensive, the selection process should be conscious. It is unacceptable to buy anything just because this product is actively advertised or a friend liked it.
To determine how foundation, lipstick is right for you, you can use swatch. A swatch is a photo or video showing how a cosmetic product is used. You can more easily understand how, say, a foundation or bronzer on a skin of a certain type, a specific shade. In this way you will avoid disappointment and not spend more effort than required. The only thing you can’t find out with the help of swatches is whether a particular remedy causes irritation in you.
To work on your image and improve the condition of the skin - these are the tasks that set before us every summer. Knowing the features of summer makeup, you will successfully solve both problems, finding for yourself a new image or updating a familiar one.
How to do summer makeup, see the next video.
Tanning or bronzing can make your eyes brighter and your teeth whiter. To make the bronzer effect look fresh and natural, apply it to those points on the face on which the tan rests primarily: forehead, cheekbones, chin and nose.
6. Greasy shine
There is a significant difference between healthy skin radiance and its oily sheen, and in the summer you need to follow this with special care. So that the skin does not shine, try to use lighter cream foundations, since when interacting with skin fat protruding from the pores, they become noticeably darker.
How to paint in the summer? Recommendations
The basic rule of “summer” makeup is not to overload your face with cosmetics. That is, choose cosmetics based on the weather and its direct effect on the skin.
- Skin preparation. When peeling and excessively dry skin, be sure to use cleansing masks. A scrub does not hurt a couple of times a week.
- Makeup will be more persistentif you first apply a moisturizer.
- Cosmetics should be light but UV protective.
- On cracked lips, even persistent lipstick will not last. Therefore, to avoid dryness, do regular special lip masks with nourishing cream or honey.
- To create sustainable makeup, use quality brushes and squeeze (without rubbing) the makeup into the skin.
- After applying shine (lipstick) remove excess oil with a cloth.
- Stock up with napkins and regularly remove greasy shine from the T-zone. Or choose a matting effect.
- All "summer" cosmetics should have special components in their composition, which protect your skin from the sun.
- Eyeliner more resistant than shadows. If you apply it on the upper eyelid and blend with a brush, you can not worry about makeup for eight hours.
- Choose modern pencils, having nylon. They provide "stretching" of the paint along with the skin.
- The most persistent shadows are those that have light shades and do not contain particles of nacre. That is, the shadows should be matte.
- If you want to choose shiny shadows, pay attention to those products that have a water base - they will provide a thin, very elastic film on the skin, so the makeup will last for several hours.
- The ideal option when choosing a mascara - water resistant. It does not crumble and does not wash off. Preferably blue or brown. Black mascara for the summer is better to remove.
- It is advisable to refuse liquid eyeliner.It flows, smears and gives the face a very sloppy look.
Lip makeup. See also: how to recognize your favorite lipstick character
- In summer, try to use instead of lipsticklip gloss (preferably roller). But towards evening. During the day, it is better to choose lip products containing wax.
- The best lipstick for the summer is long lasting satin lipstick. Typically, this lipstick is different natural colors and the absence of a drying effect.
- Strengthen the resistance of lipstick by putting it on for a while in the fridge.
Summer makeup tone
- It is advisable to abandon the foundation in general for the summer period. If this is not possible, look cream with a light texture and apply it in a minimal amount.
- To fix makeup firmly, use primer, he will not let cosmetics "float" from the face until the evening.
- Foundation in hot weather tend to darken. Choose a tool that willa tone lighteryour habitual andsilicone based.
- Foundation cream can fix on top with powder. But this is if there are no problems with the skin.
- Also, on top of foundation, are applied concealer and corrector.
- Pink shades of blush more persistent, compared to orange and brown. You can use liquid absorbent blush for foundation.
- Keep track of lack of oil in the base under the foundation.
- If the skin is oily, replace the liquid tone. mineral base.
Summer makeup needs to be adjusted!
- If you powder your skin right away, as soon as it starts to shine, then by the end of the day you will have several melted layers of powder on your face. Therefore it is better to usematting napkins.
- You can also use skin matting anti-shine powder. It will protect as much as possible from oily sheen, and at the same time from the effect of “multi-layer”, due to its colorlessness.
- As a part of matting cosmetics, there areabsorbent substancesproviding the absorption of excess sebum, UV protection and moisturizing.
There are folk remedies to solve the problem of oily sheen. True, their effectiveness depends on the regularity of use.
Eliminate greasy shine with folk remedies
- Instead of plain water, use your face in the morning. herbal infusion. Chamomile, sage, St. John's wort or calendula are suitable for him.
- Before going to bed, wipe your face with a cotton pad previously moistened in cabbage broth.
- Greasy gloss can be removed with masks of beaten egg white and grated cucumberapplied twenty minutes before bedtime.
And, of course,don't forget about thermal water. Spray your face periodically - it will not ruin your makeup and will pleasantly refresh your skin.
The rules of summer makeup
It doesn’t matter whether you go for a walk around the city or spend time on the beach, skip the base application phase and pay all attention to the concealer. They can, firstly, disguise circles under the eyes, redness or imperfections in the skin, and secondly, do not worry about the tone flowing under the sun. Choose products with a dense texture and apply with your fingers - this way the makeup lasts longer.
Uncomfortable going out without makeup? Try a moisturizer with a tinting effect. It will even out skin tone, add radiance and will not create a mask effect. Choose formulas with reflective particles - they will not only highlight the skin, but will also fall into a thin, weightless layer.
To add shine to your summer makeup, use a liquid highlighter. Apply a little on the top of the cheekbones, along the line of the eyebrows and on the back of the nose. But do not highlight the tip of the nose with a highlighter - otherwise a delicate shine may turn into a greasy shine.
For example, a tint for lips and cheeks. Test the product first on the lips, and if it can withstand light snacks and a full meal, then it will last on the cheeks for as long.
Waterproof mascara is the easiest option for the summer, but every day it is better not to use it, especially if you have sensitive eyes. The exit for you may be a beauty trick, which makeup artists advise to use for those with waterproof mascara that causes irritation. Dye the lower eyelashes with colorless mascara, and the upper - first colorless, and then black to fix the color and make the makeup more lasting. And do not forget about such a segment of cosmetics as colored mascara: when, if not in the summer?
Summer is the time to choose shades that attract attention, for example, bronze or in a shade of pink gold. Make a hint of smoky ice and blend them throughout the eyelid, choose shades with a shimmer, and textures - cream. The same shadows are suitable for evening makeup for the summer.
Choose tinted lip glosses or tints, preferably with SPF protection. And your favorite lipstick, it is better - with a high content of pigment, apply in a special way. Drive in the pigment with your fingertips, pat it dry with a napkin and repeat these steps until you achieve the desired saturation.